Tuesday 26 April 2011

DAY 4 PART 2

21st April 2011

Totally forgot to write more on Thursday. The conference was pretty different. The people on the teleconference thing were talking about not just our ideas, but the other 5 brief concepts too. They were pretty critical about more of the concepts but at the same time it was constructive to the Martin, and us. So that was pretty helpful. During the conference, 3 of our ideas got cut.

My idea got cut because Martin had pushed me to move away from the original brief when I was drawing up my ideas therefore in the end my idea did no longer fit the brief. I felt it was a good outcome though because Martin pushed me, fair enough it was away from the original brief, but he pushed me to extend my ideas as far as I possibly could, which I felt was a really good thing. Another 3 of the concepts were also cut loose. So to have our ideas, plus two others still in the running to go into farther research is amazing. After the teleconference we sat and talked about how we could extend the remaining idea to create effective packaging. So for our one remaining idea Martin has an idea that he wants on the packaging. He wants to incorporate ideas from the Absolut Vodka brand; as in the simplicity of it. The Absolut Vodka bottle has just words in it and we wanted to adapt that idea onto this new product. Our task is to come up with a story for the packaging.

Random Fact Of The Day: A teleconference in a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment